Why Employers Invest in Young People
The business community is a critical stakeholder in ensuring that young adults in Philadelphia are included in our region's economic growth. There are a multitude of reasons for supporting early work and preparation experiences for young adults.
Building Your Talent Pipeline
- Develop a skilled workforce while ensuring career readiness. Early work experiences provide an opportunity to begin aligning the skills students are learning with the workforce development needs of your company and industry.
- Build value for your business with minimal resources. Tackle backburner projects and test potential entry-level hires for minimal investment.
- Leadership development opportunities for your staff by supervising an intern.
Investing in the Future
- Increase your bottom line. By providing career exposure to young people, your business can proactively tackle backburner projects and test potential entry-level hires
- Build brand loyalty. Giving young adults an opportunity to provide input in the development of products and services can build a stronger customer base.
- Support our city's economy. Summer jobs are a critical entry point for youth employment and thereby stimulates the economy.
Fostering Diversity and Inclusion
- Contribute to our region's competitiveness while promoting inclusive growth.
- Build a stronger company culture. Welcoming young adults from different backgrounds encourages diversity of thought, which benefits your business.
- Use your business to drive real change by growing economic independence in the local community.
Practicing Corporate Social Responsibility
- Practice good corporate citizenship. Further connect with the communities in which your company does business.
- Attract Talent. The next generation of job seekers pays close attention to how a company does business as well as the company's connection to the community. This is a key role in attracting and retaining local talent.
Hiring interns is much easier than you think.
The Philadelphia Youth Network (PYN), managing partner of WorkReady offers employers the benefit of serving as the employer of record and manages payroll and administrative costs.
You will not be expected to do figure it all out on your own. You will have a dedicated account manager as well as resources to help you craft a quality work experience for you and the interns.